This course provides the student with a basic understanding of public speaking and how to prepare and present a variety of speeches. The student learns strategies to effectively communicate, to adapt to different audiences, and to practice organizational methods to create engaging speech content.
- Demonstrate knowledge of public speaking and speech delivery principles
- Analyze components and delivery of speeches
- Perform audience analysis tasks
- Prepare speech topics and outlines
- Select supporting materials and presentation aids in speech preparation
- Prepare each of the components of a speech
- Prepare a variety of different speech types
Requested competency code:
In order to be reviewed as a CTE, we need specific approved ABOR program topic this applies to and details of how applies to that topic.