After completed this course; students will understand; numbers in real world applications often have units attached to them. The more precise definition of a function and examine this idea in the familiar context of linear equations. Exponential expressions and their properties. There are different ways to represent the same function. More formal means of assessing how a model fits data (relating the domain and range in context ‚Äì word problems) ‚Äì Solving real-life problems by writing and solving equations. Techniques of solving and graphing solutions in linear; quadratic and exponential equations.
Units of Study:
1. Seeing Structure in Mathematical Expressions
2. Reasoning with Equations and Inequalities
3. Interpreting and Building Functions
4. Arithmetic with Polynomials and Rational Expressions
5. Interpreting Categorical and Quantitative Data
School countryUnited States
High schoolPhoenix Collegeegiate Academy High
School / district Address4445 S. 12th St.
School zip code85040
Requested competency codeMath
Approved competency code
- 4 years of Math