Course titleHSD011 Earth Science
The Earth Science course aims to introduce you to a variety of topics that involve the Earth. You?ll learn about geology; oceanography; meteorology; environmental science; and astronomy.Course Objectives
By the end of this course; you'll be able to
- Explain the basic principles and methods of earth science.
- Discuss the various surface processes on Earth.
- Identify features of Earth's atmosphere and oceans.
- Explain the causes of geologic activity.
- Describe the impact of human activity on natural resources.
- Explain the formation and properties of the solar system and universe.
- Solid; liquid; and gas study of water through heat and cooling.
- Measurement of rain near home by leaving out a bucket over a week.
- UV ray detection using a blacklight on different surfaces; including skin.
- Week 1: 4 hours
- Week 2: 3 hours
School countryUnited States
High schoolPenn Foster High School
School / district Address925 Oak St
School zip code18515
Requested competency codeLab Science
In order to be reviewed as a laboratory science; we will need a list of physical (non virtual) laboratory experiments completed for this course and number of hours students spend doing laboratory assignments each week.
Per ABOR Requirement; "A Laboratory Science course is defined as a course in w hich at least 1 class period each w eek is devoted to providing an opportunity for students to manipulate equipment; materials; or specimens; to develop skills in observation and analysis; and to discover; demonstrate; illustrate; or test scientific principles or concepts; such as chemistry; physics; earth sciences and biology."