Course titleCTE ADVANCED DIGITAL COMMUNCIATION - JOURNALISM
Pre-requisiteCTE INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS, Recommendation/Invite Only and 8 or fewer absences
The Advanced Digital Communications - Journalism class publishes a monthly newspage; an online website; creates weekly-televised news broadcasts as well as daily announcements via the intercom. The classroom mimics a newsroom environment.
Instruction will include:
- Graphic Design: Students will utilize the Adobe software; Illustrator and InDesign to create ads and graphics; and layout for newspaper and broadcast publications pages.
- Digital Photography: Students will utilize Canon series DSLR cameras; lenses; flashes; etc. to take photos for journalism publications.
- Digital Printing: Students will utilize an HP LaserJet printer to produce a copy for proofreading and copyediting prior to digital transmission of our monthly news pages and quarterly magazine.
- Digital Editing: Students will utilize industry standard software Adobe Photoshop and Premier to edit both photos and video.
- Broadcast: Students will utilize Canon series DSLR cameras and video accessories (e.g. microphones; lighting; green screen; etc.) to record daily announcements and weekly broadcast videos.
- Journalism: Students will practice the story writing process by conducting interviews; researching information; polling; writing; editing; proofreading; revising; and producing a variety of typical journalism articles and broadcasts.
Because this is a rigorous course and self-motivation is such an important part of this curriculum; students who cannot work at this level and who receive a ‚ÄúD‚Äù or ‚ÄúF‚Äù at semester will not be allowed to continue the course the following semester. Students will have the opportunity to participate in SkillsUSA.
School countryUnited States
School cityLake Havasu City
High schoolLake Havasu High School
School / district Address2675 Palo Verde Blvd. S.
School zip code86406
Requested competency codeCTE Fine Arts
Approved competency code
- Career and technical education
- 1 year of Fine Art